Much of Wisconsin has roots in German heritage and with fall quickly approaching, that means one thing … Oktoberfest! Oktoberfest is a folk festival held worldwide that celebrates Bavarian culture, German style food, and of course, lots of beer. If you’re in Wisconsin this fall, Milwaukee Oktoberfest is a can’t-miss. Here’s what you need to know about the festival:
Friday, October 4 – Sunday, October 6, 2019
The plaza outside of Fiserv Forum
1111 Vel R. Phillips Ave. Milwaukee, WI 53203
Food & Drink
Milwaukee Oktoberfest will have lots of traditional German food like pretzels and bratwursts. There will also be many varieties of Oktoberfest beer, both German and local. Prost! (Cheers!)
Milwaukee Oktoberfest is:
- Free to enter
- Dog friendly (especially for weiner dogs!)
- Family friendly – with face painting, a coloring station, and games for the kids
- A smoke free event
Visit the official website for additional information and updates.
- Live polka music all day, every day.
- Ceremonial Keg Tapping. (October 4, 5:00 pm)
- Das Boot Bar Tour. (October 5, 12:00 pm) This is the annual bar crawl along Old World 3rd Street. Participants will get event t-shirts, drink specials, and a “das boot,” which is a German beer mug in the shape of a boot.
Contests & Competitions
- Stein Hoisting Competition (October 4, 7:30 pm) – $250 prize
- Bratwurst Eating Competition (October 5, 3:30 pm) – $500 prize
- Miss Oktoberfest Contest (October 5, 7:30 pm) – $250 prize
- Bags/Cornhole Tournament (October 6, 12:00 pm) – $1000 prize
- Weiner Dog Show (October 6, 2:30 pm) – $100 prize and doggie prize basket
Where to Stay
When visiting Milwaukee for Oktoberfest, you’ll want to stay in close proximity to Fiserv Forum to avoid pricey Uber rides. Luckily, Frontdesk has you covered with trendy short-term apartments in the Westown area. We have several listings in the Brewery District and Theater District, which are each only about a half mile walk to Fiserv Forum.